Link to full manual
The AK DUO High pile is a machine similar to the AK DUO in specifications, but components that are enlarged to enable it to make high piles.
The machine comes with an AC/DC adapter, capable of handling up to 240 volts AC. This adapter efficiently transforms AC power to the 30 volts DC required for the tufting gun operation. Its plug is EU standard, but it's compatible with any plug or travel adapter. Here are its specifications:
- Adjustable pile height (35-45mm)
- Universal Voltage: 100 - 240 V , 50 - 60 Hz
How to Adjust the Pile Height
Adjusting the pileheight works similar to the AK-1 machine. You need to change the length of the arm. Please see the manual for the full instruction. Manual
How to change from cut to loop
The machine is set to loop by disbeling the scissors. If the scissors stays open, it does not cut, creating a loop effect. Please see the manual for the full instruction. Manual
Performing a Running Check
After making any adjustments, make sure to perform a running check to ensure smooth operation of the machine.
Always perform a running check after any modifications to the pile height or scissors. If the scissors and needle distance is too large in a uniform height, decrease it by placing a piece of paper under the scissors or manually bending the scissors slightly.
Maintaining Your Machine
Proper maintenance ensures your machine's longevity and optimal performance. Here are some tips:
- Add a drop of color and odorless lubricating oil to each linear bearing weekly. For longer tufting sessions, oil more frequently.
- Monthly, add oil to the scissor joint and other moving metal parts.
- Regularly clean loose yarn strands and dust from moving parts using a brush or compressed air.
- Always store the machine upright, not resting on the side with the main power switch.
If you face any issues, email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our tufting wiki for common problem solutions.