Makeing your own tufting frame does not have to be difficult. Also it is cost efficient, especially when you wish to size up your work.
You will need:
- a drill
- a hammer
- maybe a saw when the shop does not precut your wood.
For materials you will need
- 5 pieces of lumber, size depends on well.. the size of your frame.
- or use a wooden trestle with clamps
- Approximately enough carpet grippers
- 4,5 cm long screws for frame construction
- 3 cm long screws for leg braces
- Wood glue and nails, or staple gun
Take into account that you need about 5-10 cm of spare fabric on each side of your frame to allow you to stretch the fabric. Most default size fabric go per 1 meter x 4 meter, take this into account when determining the size of a frame and preventing waiste fabric.
Find our suggestions on building a simple frame in the videos below: