A common question we get is how much yarn is needed for rug making. It is however hard to give an answer as it depends on a lot factors.
- The size of the rug. Ofcourse a big tufted rug takes up more yarn.
- The pile height. The higher the pile, the more yarn you need.
- The density. The more you fill your rug, the more yarn you will use. If you tuft lines very closely together you will obviously use more yarn. The higher the density, de firmer and more durable your rug will be.
- The weight and thickness of the yarn itself.
- we tested with our tufting wool, and used about 2.5 kg of this yarn for 1 square meter.
- We tested with acrycilic yarn and found that we used about 900 grams for 1 square meter.
Conclusion: this can vary a LOT.